31 Days To Fix Your Finances, Day 1: Your Five Main Values
Define the values by which we live our lives. This step challenges us to name and define the 4-6 main values that guide our lives.
1) The environment. It is very important to my family to consider the environment and live in a way to have the least impact on the environment and hopefully allow us to leave a better world for our children and grandchildren.
2) Family. Mr. Gaia and I are committed to raising educated and socially aware children. We are interested in them having the standard knowledge set but we are also very interested in making sure they have a deeper understanding of the shades of gray in life.
3) Social justice. I think this and our commitment to the environment go hand in hand. We desperately want to make this world more even and fair (I don't want to hear "no one ever said life was fair" I know that but can't see any reason why we can't work toward making it more fair).
4) Health. We work hard to make sure that what we eat is as healthful as possible and that our kids are being brought up to get enough exercise. We do this by trying to be the best models possible. We're human, though, so we do fail. But we are trying.
5) Self Sufficiency/Financially Independent. The plan is to be debt free and to be able to survive no matter what the economy does.