Sunday, September 09, 2007

I survived

Not everyone showed up - thank goodness.

My house has an echo and a dozen kids or more are really, really loud in a house that echoes.

Mr. Gaia invited some really, really conservative people and I ended up not mingling much with them. To be honest, I was worried that I'd drink too much to keep from telling them off. I did pop off with "well, no great loss" when they mentioned Dr. Laura was no longer aired here in the Valley. I mentioned I listened to NPR and they went nuts with how liberal NPR is. Okay.

I now have a ton of food in my house. And a little less liquor. We'll be eating leftovers for the next week.

2 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

"I mentioned I listened to NPR and they went nuts with how liberal NPR is."

Argh. That's right up there with my telling my mother that I was thinking of joining the Sierra Club, and she popped back with how they were a pack of devils and God had put nature here for mankind to use and yada yada yada.

Um, I don't suppose you could send any of your excess booze here via the internet? Thinking of conservatives makes me really kind of want some.

Gaia said...

LOL, I knew there was a reason I liked you!

I did hold back and didn't say "Oh, you mean O'Lielly" when they mentioned O'Reilly. LOL.

My jaw is still unclenching.