Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rainy days

It's still raining daily. I have no idea what to think of all this rain. My yard is gorgeous, but it's overgrown because there's never a dry time to mow. On the other hand, my grapefruit tree looks better than ever. I'm regretting that I was too lazy to plant a summer garden.

It's been too wet for the kids to practice their soccer. So I'm sure they will get a disappointed lecture from their coach.

We've taken advantage of the time inside to finish reading Harry Potter aloud. And that's about it. I hope to get out the board games again. Hyperion is just having too much trouble staying still. No one wants to play a board game with him because you know he will upset the playing board midpoint in the game. Not to mention that there will be tantrums from him and Oceanus when they start to lose.

I've been knitting and thinking about discussing adding a category for nice yarn in our budget. It's hard to do that, though. Buying nice yarn would mean that my handknits would cost much more than I would pay for the ready made item.

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

Hmph! I hope the coach doesn't dole out the lecture, or if he does, he can advise you of some way to bend time and space to provide a place for children to practice when it's raining.

The tank top you mentioned in your last post is very pretty. I'm impressed with your getting six inches into it, not to mention while using Red Heart. That stuff is darned near as abrasive as sandpaper!