So this is the tank top I decided to knit. I managed to get about 6 inches knit while listening to Mr. Gaia finish the last 200 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. If that doesn't seem like much progress, well, that's because it isn't. I got caught up in the book too many time and ended up having to frog back the last row multiple times.
What sucks about it is that I really don't care for the yarn I'm using. It's red heart brand acrylic and scratchy as hell. I have no idea if I'll ever actually wear the darn thing.
Hyperion picked up a shell at the beach last time we were there. It was just a plain shell, but a hole had been drilled into it (probably by a murex). He asked me to make him a necklace with it. I collect these shells because I love the colors and the convenient hole makes me think I'll actually make jewelry with them. So far I've managed to continue to lose my stashes of them within days (yes, I finally decided on a central location and am not placing all of them there). Last night I went into my stash and found some waxed cord. I made a loop of the cord, pushed it through the hole and then the threaded the cord through the loop. Then I tied two knots in the cord - one strand was knotted OVER the other strand. Then that strand was knotted over the other. This makes a necklace that can be shortened or lengthened by pulling the knots closer to the shell. This all would, of course, be easier to explain with pics, but I don't have a working camera. A google search, however, turned up this tutorial which explains it very well.
He was happy with his new necklace for about 15 minutes and then he lost interest. Sigh.
But it is cool enough that I'm going to make more of them. So, it was a successful experiment in that respect.