Friday, June 22, 2007

Wisdom of our Elders

I've been reading the Foxfire books. These are again books that belong to Mr. Gaia and have sat on our shelves for years.

A lot of this stuff will probably never apply to me. I mean, do I really need to know how to butcher a hog? But it's interesting to learn.

I also found a written example of an old wives' tale I've heard all my life. "If the sun shines while it is raining, it will rain the same time tomorrow". I can't tell you how many people have laughed at me when I've said that, but now I can tell them it is in the Foxfire books and isn't just a saying from my crazy family.

Biking -
8.06 miles. 84.9F. 63% humidity. 17.3 mph SE winds with ESE gusts of 24.2 mph.

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

It's totally cool that you and Mr. Gaia have a set of these. I've thumbed through these at times and have been intrigued by them.

Maybe you don't need all of the information right now, but who knows?