Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bah - dieting. Yay - South Padre Island

Dieting sucks! That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Tonight Mr. Gaia and I took advantage of the boys being away and went to South Padre Island for dinner and a long stroll on the beach.

I love walking on the beach. We stop and watch the coquinas bury themselves back in the sand. We stop and look at little fish. I look for shells with a small hole in them (to make into jewelry, I have an idea, I just need the rest of the tools; or into christmas garland, strung on hemp). I found a perfect scallop shell (just the half).

We watch the kids running around and admire their sandcastles.

Then, as darkness falls (no sunset over the water unless you're on the Laguna side, which has no beach), we watch the crabs come out and scamper around.

All in all, we walked for at least an hour and a half.

No comments: