Friday, February 08, 2008

31 Days To Fix Your Finances, Day 16

31 Days To Fix Your Finances, Day 16: Evaluating Your Expenses - Home and Auto Insurance

This one is self explanatory. I'll admit I haven't priced homeowners insurance since I bought the house. At the time I called all the agents in town and checked online and this was the best deal.

Same with auto insurance.

Now, I should probably shop around again, but I don't want to have my credit score pulled right now. There's a chance we'll be moving in the summer, which would mean buying a new house and we're in major "credit score" mode. All credit cards are being paid down (we had some with 0% interest while the money was in the bank earning interest) and we're taking care not to do anything that would have any kind of negative impact on our score.

I've not heard of any insurance company that doesn't do a hard pull on your credit.

Now, Mr. Gaia's car is paid off this month, so we need to figure out if we're going to keep full coverage or not.

No comments: