Saturday, January 12, 2008

Adventures in knitting

I got some amazing yarn for christmas. Mr. Gaia got me some 100% alpaca wool and organic cotton from Diva Knitting and my mom got me some lionbrand wool.

So, I'm searching ravelry for the perfect pattern to show off my new yarns. Meanwhile, I decide I need to work on my skills so I decided entrelac was just the thing. I grabbed a ball of some kind of dk acrylic in pastel variegated and cast on for Quant.

Mr. Gaia was offended. He couldn't understand why I would use crap from my stash rather than my wonderful new yarn. He doesn't get the idea of searching for that perfect pattern. Besides, I'm waiting for Drops to release some of their new patterns. There are some that might be perfect.

That and I'm going to work on losing some weight so I'll use less yarn and have enough to make a (fitted) sweater.

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

Argh, yes. Men. "This is a treat. I don't want to waste it on the wrong pattern."