Friday, December 07, 2007

Waiting to hear

So, I was supposed to hear about the job in 2 weeks. It's now been almost 3. Just send me my rejection letter already.

Mr. Gaia says he thinks this means I'm second choice. They're waiting to be sure their first choice works out before telling me no.

We got bonuses at work and they were talking about how nice it was to have such a loyal staff, etc. and I felt about this big.

We also had Megan's baby shower at work. I gave her diapers and wipes and made 2 hats. I realized I didn't have wrapping big enough for the package of diapers, so I hastily grabbed all the pink and pink toned yarn I could find and knitted a blanket to cover it. Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn and the blanket is much wider than it is long. I also ran out of time, so it's just as well. AND that's more crappy yarn out of my stash. I'm almost out of yarn in my stash so maybe I can convince Mr. Gaia it's time to buy some GOOD yarn.

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

As Mr. Gaia says, not hearing about the job just yet may actually be good news. It seems to be the case that they're not in a hurry to tell you no.

LOL at the "loyal staff" thing, but try not to beat yourself up over it. Loyalty doesn't mean spending your entire precious life at a job that isn't a good fit for you.