12 Thanksgiving Questions
1. If you could stuff a turkey with anything, what would it be?
I'm a traditionalist, I'll admit it. I don't like turkey, but my mom's cornbread dressing (don't hold back on the sage, yes, it's SUPPOSED to be gray-ish green, tyvm) is about as good as it gets.
2. If you designed a giant balloon for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, what would it look like?
This one is hard. I've never actually seen the parade, I mean, I've seen PICTURES, but I've never even seen TV coverage - that's part of being the youngest child in a house full of football fanatics (seriously, I once asked, DURING Thanksgiving dinner, if anyone cared who won and when they said no, I asked "WHY are we watching this during DINNER?!" and the answer was "we like football") the parade was never on the TV in my house.
I guess maybe a really cool sweater carefully showing all the stitches along with the ball of yarn and needles (I'm telling you Ravelry - the pull is strong)
3. You can pick anyone to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for you, who would you choose?
Wait a minute, *I* have to cook this dinner? Ummm, no thanks! Next question, please!
Now, if I'm sharing this meal with someone, let me see. Al Gore, Grace, Tanya, Rani, Jenny, KCB, Sally, Jules, Colin Beavan, Sara, Robert Redford, Ed Begley, Jr., Bill Nye, Paul McCartney - well that gets me started.
4. What invention are you most thankful for?
5. What’s the best part about sitting at the kids’ table?
The corny elementary school jokes.
6. If you had to eat only one kind of Thanksgiving food for an entire week, what would it be?
Ummm, were you listening? My mom's cornbread stuffing!
7. What’s your favorite Thanksgiving memory or tradition?
I don't really have one. Thanksgiving as a kid meant the day at my dad's aunt's house with all his siblings and their kids plus the cousins and their kids in a 900 sqft house. The only good thing was that the weather was always good and we could go for a walk on the farm.
We're working on making our own traditions. Now we live too far to be expected to go home (I am so NOT complaining) so it's ours for the making.
8. What’s the one thing that could make you brave day-after-Thanksgiving shopping?
Pretty much nothing. Maybe an amazing sell on organic cotton yarn (I'm telling you, Ravelry!)
9. This fall, instead of a pile of raked-up leaves, I’d like to jump into a pile of _______________.
Hmm, how about a walk on the beach and jumping into waves? That sounds about right!
10. A Thanksgiving food I wouldn’t want thrown at me in a food fight is _______________.
Definitely the cranberry sauce - the whole berry kind (since I don't like that kind and it wouldn't feel like a waste).
11. Next Thanksgiving, everyone should wear _______________ to the dinner table!
12. How many times can you say the word “cornucopia” in ten seconds?
I have no idea. There's no one around to time me.