Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ravelry

I have discovered the addiction that is Ravelry.com. Sigh. I have so much in my queue right not. I'm dreaming of very nice, expensive fibers for Christmas.

I've stepped up my knitting lately though. And the good thing? More knitting means less eating. I'm working on training my body to want to knit rather than eat. I don't think it will work, but even if I just train myself to do it 50% of the time, I hope to lose a bit of weight before family pictures at Christmas.

2 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

I, or course, lost weight in my recent health crisis. When I return to work, all sorts of people will probably tell me how great I look. How thin I am. What kind of diet was I on?

Your friends and family should be happy to see a picture of a genuinely happy and healthy family, regardless of size.

Gaia said...

Oooh, that sucks, Grace.

My body seems to have no happy medium. I'm either 150+ or 120. At 5'8"

When I was dieting and sticking to a healthy eating plan, the weight would not stop falling off. My doctor actually told me to add sweets, etc to my diet because even though I was eating all the time, what I was eating just wasn't calorie dense enough and I was down to 120 and sick all. the. time.

I don't know if it's my body that can't find a happy medium or my appetite - I seem to be able to eat NO sweets or ALL sweets.