Monday, October 01, 2007

Update on Goals

In April I posted that I wanted to become a Certified Arborist and the first step was to get the study guide.

Guess what I got in the mail today? My study guides. Guess what's even better!!! I got them for free. Wonderful Mr. Gaia noticed a little announcement about a research study on the different study guides (CD-ROM and book) and they were giving free guides to participants. You'd better believe I had my name in post-haste.

In April, I also posted a goal to use up my samples. Can you believe I'm still working on using those samples? Granted, Mr. Gaia has traveled for business multiple times and we have traveled as a family so I've gotten more hotel shampoos. But based on current usage plus current additions, I'm good through December, at least.

Unfortunately those are the only goals I can report progress on. I've not maintained the clean house I wanted. It's not bad, but it's not great. MIL comes in 3 weeks, so I need to step it up a little each day so that I'm not going nuts the last week before she gets here. My exercise goals didn't stick after the kids came back home. Soccer isn't helping. But it's my fault. I need to start really getting serious about it.

1 comment:

badmomgoodmom said...

You go girl! A more sustainable future includes more urban forests. The slide in urban canopies must be reversed before the temperatures rise so much in the urban heat islands that no young trees can survive.

According to an article in the Bulletin and the American Meteorological Society, we have reached that point in several eastern cities. That is, older trees can no longer take the stress and are dying. Yet, younger trees of the same variety cannot survive because the habitat has changed and become too harsh for that species.