Monday, October 15, 2007

Dream Job

My dream job is open. A naturalist in a birding center. I really want this job. But I don't speak Spanish. I'm applying anyway, but I don't have the most hope.

The application is difficult. They want a complete job history, including contact information, supervisor name and supervisor title. Several of my jobs were with companies who have since relocated. And I'm not putting my restaurant jobs on there - they're simply not relevant.

The fact that this is my dream job doesn't mean it will be without stress. It will require some travelling. It will require hours other than M-F 8-5. It will require that we find after school care for our boys. It will require that I likely miss soccer games. It will require a 40 mile round-trip commute (which will require a new car). The salary won't be much more than I currently make, so the money for a new car will be a stretch.

But the chance to work outside and in nature? Priceless

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

Go for it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Spanish can be learned.