Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Barnyard

So "Barnyard" finally made it to the Bug Hill movie theater (well, we only pay $1.50 for tickets, so it's basically the dollar movie you see in cities).

We took the boys to see it, their grandmother insisted we treat them to a movie on her dime. God knows their behavior didn't warrant it.

The movie is cute. I love that the farmer is a vegan. But I have a couple of questions:
1) Why, why, why do the bulls have udders? Is a penis too realistic? Could they perhaps have just put nothing there? Bulls don't have udders. I'm sorry, but they don't. I'm sure they have mammary tissue (they are, after all, mammals) but they don't have udders. Do you know how fun it is to sit in a theater with a bunch of country kids who all yell "why does that bull have teats? Where's its dick?". Yeah.
2) If the farmer is vegan, what are they doing with all those eggs? One little ol' rooster can't possibly mate with all the hens that were in that movie to make fertilized eggs. Ungathered eggs are a health hazard on the farm - they attract rats and snakes.
3) What the hell kind of animal is his sidekick? Bizarre looking thing. Okay, I looked it up, it's supposed to be a ferret. Big damn ferret.

Soooo ... should I write to focus on the family and tell them about this movie? About these lesbian transgender cows (I mean, they have to be female, they have udders) and how it's presented as perfectly normal. I mean it makes more sense that that's what these cows are than that Tinky Winky is gay.

No comments: