Friday, September 08, 2006

Sacrifices

I make sacrifices every day for DH and the boys.

My biggest sacrifice (as detailed on the blog) is not having a baby girl, ever. His biggest sacrifice is living the subtropics rather than Colorado or Alaska.

He's thrown that in my face a lot. I, on the other hand, do not throw my desire for a girl in his face. I try to never mention it. Of course, I can't hide my reaction to seeing a cute little girl when we're out.

Whenever we've disagreed about which item to buy, I've always given in to what he wants. Right now, I'm in such a funk that I don't want to give in.

That came into play tonight. I actually did give in, but so grudgingly that he knew and I finally admited that I don't like what he picked out. He knocked out at least 5 of my choices for various reasons, I didn't pout of go into a snit.

Frankly, I'm tired of sacrificing all the damn time.

No comments: