Sunday, March 02, 2008

I'm back

Sorry to be gone so long.

I don't have a good reason - mother-in-law visit, february blues (I really thought moving to the subtropics would fix this issue, but it hasn't) and Mr. Gaia was traveling.

I've just felt overwhelmed. I hope to be back on track by the middle of the week - I'm hoping to be caught up on my sleep, etc by then.

One really cool thing I did, though, was I went to see Obama speak. That man is the most amazing speaker I've ever heard. We had less than 24 hours notice that he was coming (we were hoping and plans were being made, but no one knew for sure he would come or when) and there were thousands of people who turned out. He could win the election. And frankly, I think we could do worse, and have done worse.

The line he said that got the biggest applause? "No matter what happens in the primaries, the name George W. Bush will not be on the ballot"

No comments: