Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to School

It seems that every year there's that one item on the school supply list that you just can't find. This year it's red-checking pencils. We have quite a few red checking pens left over from last year, but no pencils. I refuse to shop at WalMart, so they'll start school with pens. Next time I grocery shop, I'll check their school supply section. I don't hold out great hope for them, though, they had last year's list when I went to look there. I also refuse to pay shipping prices to order something online.

The kids didn't really get any new clothes. My mom bought them some for their birthday and co-worker gave them some hand-me-downs. Their closets are bursting at the seams, so they didn't need anything new. They haven't hit the age where they want to make sure they wear new clothes on the first day of school.

Despite the rain we've been getting (almost daily) I've managed to get the laundry done with just a little bit of dryer usage - to fluff my nice bouses and to take the last edge of dampness off the clothes on the line that hadn't had a chance to finish drying before it rained again. I'd say about 15 minutes of dryer usage. I would think that would have to be less energy usage than an iron.

Tonight we cut Hyperion's hair. It went from a Dorothy Hamill crossed with a pageboy to an extremely short style that he wants to try to spike. I don't know that his hair will spike, it is really, really, really thick and fine. We can try to spike it, but I think he will be disappointed. Oceanus opted to keep his long skater-boy hairstyle.

So, for better or worse, we're back to school tomorrow!

No comments: