Monday, July 02, 2007

Knitting

Well, I frogged my bag. It just wasn't going to work out. I couldn't figure out anything to put in the bottom to make it sturdy and have the right shape.

I decided instead to make this tank top. I'm making it in cream colored cotton. I need a cream colored shell to wear under a couple of sweaters plus I can wear it on its own. This is my second sweater and the first was an unmitigated disaster. So I hope this one works out much better.

I also like this tank top and this one looks really sexy.

My main problem is that my gauge is way too large for most sweaters. I'm using my smallest needles (size 2) so I don't know if I knit too loosely or if my yarn is just really heavy.

I hope I'll eventually have pics to post.

1 comment:

rani said...

Lovely choices - I like the first one best, personally. As noted, my gauge problem made my socks into slippers! I know you can recalculate a pattern to fit your gauge, but it seemed too complicated at the time.