Sunday, March 18, 2007

Make-up

Apparently there's now a tint for nipples. Geez, who knew there was a "right" color for nipples?

I don't even like to wear makeup on my face. I do it because it is expected in the office environment. I'm already bucking convention by refusing to wear pantyhose, I don't feel I can do it with makeup.

I know, I know, there is makeup that is so light you don't even feel it on your face. But damn, it's expensive. I want the cheapest shit I can find. I keep the bare minimum - blush, eyeshadow and foundation. No eyeliner, no lipstick (I am truly blessed in that my lips naturally look like I have on lipstick), no mascara, no concealer, etc. $5 for a single item is more than I want to spend.

I hate the way it rubs off and leaves residue on phone earpieces and smudges up my cellphone screen.

I hate the way it gets on clothes unless you're extremely careful.

I hate that it often ends up looking uneven because one side has rubbed off on the aforementioned items.

This, of course, doesn't mean that I think it's wrong if some women love it and love to play with it. If you love it, play with it to your heart's content. Just throw me a bone and sympathize with my hatred of it - okay?

1 comment:

Tanya Brown said...

Eeeek! Nipple makeup! That reminds me of a creepy scene out of "Pennies from Heaven". (Shudder!)

Well, thank goodness the folks at the office won't be checking up to see that you're toeing the line in that regard.

I'm with you on the makeup-rubbing-off thing. To some degree, I don't see why you should have to wear it if it's uncomfortable. I know, I know; one is expected to look "polished" and reasonably formal.

I don't suppose you could bow out on religious grounds?