Monday, September 11, 2006

Personal Peace

I had a breakthrough moment today. We were discussing little boys and I said (and meant it) that little boys are just too precious, that there's just something about a little boy.

Today was a good day. I took the time to get to know my boys as individuals, rather than as my children. I know this is an ongoing process, but today was an important first step.

And then we went grocery shopping. Oye, 2 boys can be so frustrating when shopping. "Can we get this?" "How about this?". I know that it would be the same with any 2 kids, but my two seem particularly adept at it. I was using dh's list, so I wasn't familiar with the items on it. After the 3rd trip down some aisles, I think they were ready to mutiny. *I* was ready to mutiny.

All in all, it was a good day. Which seems somehow wrong to say. Is 5 years long enough to "move on"? Are those families delighting in getting to know their kids today? I hope so.

No comments: