Sunday, August 06, 2006

3 day hump?

I watched "Supersize Me" last weekend (if you haven't seen it, you should, it's really good). He talks about the 3 day hump when quitting an addiction.

I just finished day 2 of my quitting Dr. Pepper. These days weren't that hard. We stayed at home and it's not tempting at home (plus, I had cake, cheesecake and fresh baked bread).

Tomorrow? Will be hard. It's monday and the soda machine is a short walk away. I should bring home my change and remove that temptation.

I love Dr. Pepper, but with it's high fructose corn syrup it doesn't fit into my sustainable, healthy life. You'll know my addiction is bad when I'm driving to that small town west of Waco where you can buy it made with real sugar (Dublin, Texas). Hey, what's a day or two of driving to feed my addiction?

No comments: